It's Monday!!!! Welcome to my for my first ever Happy Hostess Link Party!!! Thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll join in the fun. All the party details are towards the end of the post.
I thought I'd get this party started with my firstborn's first birthday party--rewind to August 2008...
Since AG was a summer baby, I went with a summer-y theme: LADYBUGS!
Color scheme was a no-brainer: red and black.
I had a hat and bib made for my birthday girl's big day
I made the ladybug invites. Sorry, no tutorial, but here's the gist: I just used black card stock, cut out a ladybug body, painted a little face, traced red card stock for to the body of the ladybug, painted dots, cut a slit in the middle, and attached the two pieces with teeny tiny red brads. For the invite, I typed it up in Word, printed it off on white linen paper, and glued it to the black card stock. It was easy, way too time consuming (back in the days when I had a little more time on my hands), and a sweet gesture for my little girl's party.
My AG had a special day. She probably won't remember it...but I will.
It's PARTY time!
- Feel free to link-up any post of yours (recent or past) dealing with parties: baby showers, wedding receptions, gender reveals, recipes, party attire, decoration tutorials, gift ideas, party tips, party pics. Get it? Anything party related is welcome!
- Add the party button to your post (code below) or a visible linkback to this party. Since this is my first time to host a link party, I'm hoping others will be inspired to join in on the fun!
- Follow the host. That's me! Consider it your hostess gift!
- No links to items you are selling, other link parties, or giveaways.
- In the coming days, I'd like to feature a few of the entries. By submitting a link, you are giving me authorization to feature your post. If your post is featured, I will include a picture and a link to your site to share the love!
- Try to visit at least one link. Don't be a party pooper!