long. week.

This post is merely for documentation purposes.  We've had a long, tough, but exciting week all lumped into one and I need this for my records. ;) Here's a recap. A long, long recap...
*Two weeks ago today, Joy got a stomach bug. She was a very sick baby.
*That same day, Graham let me know that now was the time to purchase new floors.  MIND BLOWN!
*On Wednesday, March 4, 2015, Joy was so lethargic and puny that she would just doze off randomly...even sitting in her high chair.  I took her to the doctor.  They drew blood. It took two tries and that was tough. Blood work showed that she was dehydrated, had elevated liver enzymes, and had a bad virus.

*Thursday, contractors came to measure the house.

*Thursday night, the big girls start vomiting! 

*Friday, I purchased the flooring and got the installation booked!

*The girls laid around all day trying to recoup.

*I completely cleaned out our shed, garage, and attic.

*Saturday, Graham took AG and Edy to Texarkana.  Na met them there and took the girls on to Conway for their traditional spring break at Na and Pop's!

*Saturday night, Graham and I unloaded the girls' room.  What a mess! What a mess!! ...and I call myself a NEAT FREAK.

*The walls were so dingy and yuck that I repainted them.

*Sunday night, we continued unloading the contents of our home into our garage.  

*After deciding to swap the girls' rooms when we moved back in, I revamped their armoire.  I knew orange wouldn't look good with the pink walls in their new room.

It was originally oak.  I stained it espresso about eight years ago.  Then, I painted it orange a few years back.

This time, I painted it cream, sanded it, and rubbed it with stain.  I really like how it turned out.

*Last Monday, I got a call from Lowe's saying they wouldn't be able to drop off our wood due to the weather.  I was so upset.  You see...that wood needs to sit inside for 48 hours to acclimate and the contractors were set to start on Wednesday.  I pleaded and pleaded with Lowe's to make arrangements to get it here.  Thankfully, they rented a Penske truck, dropped it off, and unloaded it by hand in the pouring rain.

*Meanwhile, Joy went back to the doctor for another blood check.  After two blown veins, screaming, vomiting, and lots of prodding, they finally got her blood drawn.

*Monday night, Graham got the stomach bug.

*Tuesday, Graham spent the day recuperating.  Corey came down to help me around the house.

*Tuesday night, I painted a TON of quarter round. A TON.

*On Wednesday, the guys came to install the floors.  They worked SO fast!!!!


We were able to move all the girls furniture back in after DAY ONE!


*I tidied up the girls' rooms. (better pics to come)

*At the end of DAY TWO the guys had our room and closet completed.  That night, Graham and I moved back into our bedroom and finally got to sleep on our bed!


*I don't have pics (videos to come), but the guys completely finished our house on DAY THREE.  That night, Graham and I (and a friend) moved everything from the garage to the house.

*Saturday, I spent the day cleaning.  It was a really, really long day.

*Saturday night, I went to bed with everything in its place and a completely spotless house.  It was such a good feeling.  

*After church on Sunday, I got a wild hair to paint an old cabinet that had been in the girls' old room.  (I counted and I've given this cabinet five makeovers!)

I've been needing more room for homeschooling materials so this cabinet will really come in handy!

*Sunday night, I got my girls back!!!  They absolutely loved their new room!!!!  They loved the floors.  

*Slowly but surely, I am puttying and painting the nail holes on the quarter round.  Other than that, everything is back together and we are so pleased.

*Joy's blood work clotted so they will be taking another sample this week.  Please keep her (and us) in your thoughts and prayers.

*I am going to try and upload a few video house tours.  Hopefully, I can get them posted in the next few days.


  1. Oh my goodness! Just reading this made my head spin a little. I hope that you are all feeling MUCH better.

    Congratulations on the new floors and for getting your house put back together so quickly! I am seriously impressed.

    You got so much done!

  2. Oh, my goodness, I can't imagine your life the past two weeks. That is just unreal and you have managed to escape the stomach bug. That's miraculous! Everything looks great, love the flooring. Hats off to you!!!

  3. Oh Leslie! I was out of breath just reading this post. Hope you don't get the ickies.
    Your new floor is stunning!!!

  4. Ahhh. what a crazy week. We feel like we are in insanity, but minus any major sickness. I am a-mazed how well and quick you took care of business though!
    PS… I have an armor I want to paint and really love how you painted out this time…. I may need a tutorial :)

  5. Wow I can't even imagine! The floors look great, and I wish you all the best with Joy.

  6. I'll help any way I can! Yes...it's been such a tough week, but we made it through and actually got a lot accomplished!

  7. Thanks so much, Brittany!! I love the floors...tough week, but good week.

  8. It was SO tough, Lea...but we survived! We love the new floors!

  9. Thanks for checking in, Nikki!!! I am loving the changes around here!


I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,